Saturday, January 23, 2010

Lost Creek Falls


Have you ever been somewhere majestic? It's hard to believe, but some people hardly ever leave there homes. I was lucky enough to leave my home and find one of those majestic places. LOST CREEK. Not very many people know about it and I'm sure its visitors are few.

I started the morning by packing all my gear. I weighed everything and I was carrying just under 45 pounds of extra weight: tripod, camera, lenses, clothing, gun, survival gear, food, and water. I never go into the mountains unless I am prepared for the worst. I also had Rogue with me, my Dad's chocolate Lab, and he is such a cool dog. Having a dog in the woods when you are hiking is actually a really comforting feeling. I was glad to have him come along.

After getting everything prepared, I left on a 35 mile mountain road trip. It was pretty cold, but not too bad. Rogue and I didn't seem to mind too much. When we arrived, we immediately set off. My legs were burning like crazy because of the steep incline at the beginning of the hike. The road was really ruff and washing away in a lot of areas. It was also filled with large boulders and tree debris. I didn't see very many animals on the way up, but I did see one female deer. Actually, the coolest thing I saw on my hike up was a flock of about 200 birds that was flying around chirping like crazy. I wish I could have been able to get them on video.

I had to hike a little over 3 miles up a steep incline to make it to the top entrance of lost creek falls. I had forgotten that the hike down was dangerous and steep. You have to repel 3 times over a total distance close to 50ft. It was very wet because of all the rain and the mud was making the hike down a little nerve racking. I really lit up once I got close to the bottom. Lost Creek is one of the most impressive waterfall areas I have ever been to in Oregon. This was my second visit and I had forgotten what a visual spectacle this waterfall really is. I didn't hesitate to jump right in the water and get the photo shoot started.

This video should really give you and idea of what my trip was like. I hope you guys enjoy it. I took a flip camera with me and shot a few simple clips to let people know what one of my hikes is like.



My trip was amazing and if you have any questions or want one of these photos, then please feel free to contact me.

jdaniel@pictations.com
or 541-556-4509

I hope you enjoyed this and please send me some feedback. I had no idea how much work this really is!!

Have a great day,

Jdaniel "Dan"

1 comment: