Thursday, April 22, 2010

Project for a Friend


This particular instance is the second time I have taken on a project for a friend. I always worry that my work will not live up to the standard I have set in my head. I never feel like it's good enough, but I always feel satisfied with the amount of work I have put into the project. This week I went back to Camas Creek for my friend Wendy. She wanted a picture to remind her of her first date with her husband down that same patch of road. Camas Creek is a unique area and picking just one thing to take a picture of in order to capture that same feeling Wendy had is not that easy of a task. All that was in my mind when she asked me to do this for her were 1000 questions. What area is best? What should the color be? Should it be black and white? Should it be a bridge? Should it be the river? and many many more questions.

On the 21st I walked out my door with one goal in mind and that was to capture Camas Creek in one photo. I ended up with a multitude of photographs, but one in particular captured that feeling for Wendy. The other photos are great, but it's the photo with the road in it that worked for her. It's a nice feeling to know that you brought someone a product that helps bring out a past feeling in them. I'm very happy I've done this project and the next blog will be about putting the art piece together for her.

Thanks everyone,

I've also attached a video of part of the shoot; so be sure and check it out~!


Sincerely,

Jdaniel

1 comment: