Monday, November 2, 2009

October Trip


I love the freedom in my life and I took great advantage of it recently. My friend Miles, a surfer and musician, invited me down to Crescent City California I left on a Friday and forgot the troubles of Camas Valley instantly. The drive to Crescent City along Highway 42 and 101 is simply stunning. Yes, I promise to post pictures, but I will also have a link to more pictures at my Flickr Site.
If you haven't been to Oregon, or Northern California you are seriously missing out.

The picture with the leaf and creek is right off the coast as you're going out of Crescent City. It was such a beautiful hike. I have more pictures at my flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/38767511@N05/

Surfing is something completely new to me. I watched in awe as Miles and his good friend Devon hit the cold waves about 400ft from the beach. It looks to be, intense!, that's all I can say. I think the shot I posted here captures how awesome it really is and how much skill Miles has on a surfboard.

After surfing I went to a local restaurant with Miles, along with Ross and Josh, They played some live music. I brought my equipment and tried to capture the moment as best I could.
This particular shot that I have posted is my favorite, but once again if you want to see more I have them at my flickr site, http://www.flickr.com/photos/38767511@N05/.


They rocked the house and topped off my trip with great hospitality along with great music.

Thanks guys,

Dan (Pictations)

1 comment:

  1. "...in Crescent City, she showed me her pity. Lucky Me." Ah, lyrics to one of my favorite artists.

    ReplyDelete