Thursday, November 5, 2009

Rediscovering Childhood Halloween


Who doesn't love Halloween? Ok, so the sticks in the mud with no creativity and no personality are the winners in the "I HATE HALLOWEEN" category. Sometimes I wonder what is wrong with people. Halloween has moved on from a celebration of the dead to a celebration of creativity and candy. How can someone say no to those two things? Personally, I use Halloween for one thing, a good time!
This year I used a bit of my creative muscle and bench pressed out a new costume idea meant to impress and undress. It was inspired by the quintessential horny older woman who loves younger men. Yes, I am talking about, "Cougars". I was having major trouble trying to figure out what I was going to dress up as for creativity/candy night and two cougars helped me to solidify my decision in a matter of minutes. This sounds easy, but how do you become something so sought after by the older women who loves younger men? How do you make a costume of something so vague?
This is not even a question to me, I simply make these things happen!
It really isn't a costume. It's a title and that is how I proceeded to capture this particular situation.

After I realized how to make this idea come to fruition, it was back to the reason for celebration.
I went to the Mark V. My favorite place to go. Mark V has kick ass employees and a good atmosphere. Oh.....and they display my artwork! So yea it's definitely my favorite place. I found lots of good people to hang out with and a great attitude for my photography. People in the Mark V know me and they know I almost always have a camera in hand. I would like to think they appreciate me having a camera because they know the photo will turn out great, but I can only feed my ego so much!

I had such a great time. You could literally feel the warmth of the spirits that night and see it light up the faces of your fellow Halloween out goers. The world is a hard working, fast paced, serious place. That night, however, I saw another side of people and I saw how life can be celebrated in many different ways. I love to see the personality of people expressed through their costumes and their appreciation of a great night represented in the smiles that adorned their faces.

To everyone who did not go out and celebrate Halloween.....YOU MISSED OUT!

Thanks to everyone who helped me enjoy a fun and creative night.
You can see more photo's at my flickr site if you're curious!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38767511@N05/?saved=1

Dan

1 comment: